Last updated: January 1, 2020
1. What Types of Personal Information Do We collect?
2. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
3. With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
4. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
5. What Are Your Choices and Rights?
6. Changes to this Privacy Notice
7. How Can You Contact Us?
We are part of the Tapestry Inc. brands which include STUART WEITZMAN, COACH, and kate spade. In this Privacy Notice, we, Tapestry, Inc., describe how we use personal information that we collect from you if you are in the U.S. and you:
1. What Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Actively Submit: If you buy our products online, register for an online account with us, use the “add to closet” features of our online services, sign up for updates and marketing communicationsfrom us, request specific product customizations from us, submit a product review on our website, contact us for customer service, or otherwise interact with us via our online services, we may collect personal information about you, including the following:
Information Passively Submitted on our Online Services: When you use our online services, we collect information from or about the computer, phone or other device on which you have installed, or from which you access, our online services, and information about your usage of our online services, including the following:
No Children’s Information: Our online services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly register or otherwise collect personal information from any child under the age of 13 without the prior verifiable consent of the child's parent or guardian.
2. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the following categories of personal information for the following purposes:
We also use your personal information for the following purposes (collectively, the “General Processing Purposes”), as permitted by applicable law:
3. With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information with the following types of third parties as permitted by applicable law:
We provide our service providers and business partners with access to your personal information so that they may provide services to us, subject to non-disclosure agreements and other data protection safeguards.
Please note our online services may contain links to and from the websites of our partners or affiliates that are not owned or operated by us. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please review the privacy policies of third party websites before you submit any personal information to them. We are not responsible for any privacy or security policies of these third party sites.
4. How do we protect your personal information?
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures intended to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control. Such measures include, for example, limiting access to personal information only to employees and authorized service providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as well as other administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
For example, when you place an order on www.stuartweitzman.com, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, an encryption tool that provides security while transmitting information over the Internet. We also use firewall technology, password controls, and other technological and procedural safeguards in respect of your online interactions with us.
While we endeavor to protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
5. What are Your Choices and Rights?
Unsubscribe. You may unsubscribe from our marketing emails or SMS communications. To do unsubscribe from marketing emails, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email that you receive or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe from SMS communications, follow the instructions in the message. Please note that if you have already requested products or services when you decide to withdraw consent, there may be a short period of time for us to update your preferences and ensure that we honor your request.
Update, Modify or Correct Your Information. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your personal information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate.We may request information from you to honor your request, such as to ensure proper authentication or to verify the business branch of ours to which the information was provided.
6. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time, in which case we will provide individuals with notice of such updates where required by applicable law and then upload the updated Privacy Notice to our websitewww.stuartweitzman.com. You should check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our online services or any of the other services described in this Privacy Notice following the posting of changes to this Privacy Notice will be considered your consent to those changes.
7. How Can You Contact Us?
To exercise any of your privacy rights, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the data processing practices outlined herein, please contact us as follows:
A. Categories of cookies
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and these types enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. The main categories of cookies we use include:
• Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, and ensuring the security of your online transactions with us and online access to our website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as completing a transaction, cannot be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you for the purposes of marketing.
• Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and collect information about how visitors use a web site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor although they may collect the IP address of the device used to access the site. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works and the user experience. By using our websites you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings (please see "How to manage your cookies" section below).
• Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our website and allows the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name). They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as watching a video. The information these cookies collect is anonymized (i.e. it does not contain your name, address, account details, etc.) and they do not track your browsing activity across other websites. By using our websites you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings (please see "How to manage your cookies" section below).
• First and third party cookies: Whether a cookie is a first or third party cookie depends on which website the cookie comes from. First party cookies are those set by or on behalf of the website visited. All other cookies are third party cookies.
• Targeting/Marketing cookies: These cookies make marketing messages more relevant to you. We or a third party advertising network may collect information relating to your browsing history and interests to tailor relevant advertising to you. The advertisement network partner may use marketing cookies to collect usage, navigational or other statistical data about your activities on our websites and mobile applications to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests, limit the number of times you see the same advertisement on our websites or mobile applications and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
• Personalization cookies: Cookies may also be used on our website to personalize your shopping experience and enable you to use certain function (such as “add to Closet” or “save”), to deliver ads which might be relevant to you, or for us to conduct internal testing on what works best for our customers.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the Internet for other independent information on cookies.
• Enable basic functioning of our website;
• Web analytics to improve our website (structure, features, accessibility and usability, content) or to fix any technical issue through gathering relevant technical data;
• Enable certain basic functions of online browsing and shopping with us (for example, save information you generated or provided on our website such as preferred items, items placed in the cart, billing address to save time and effort when you next return to our website or shop with us);
• Monitor the effectiveness of our online ads and marketing (by recording your interactions with our ads on third-party websites, our social media platforms or our marketing emails); and
• Learn more about your preferences and Internet browsing habits to provide you with tailored advertising (you certainly don't want to hear from us about something you are not interested in).
C. How to manage your cookies?
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this. If you do not want the benefit of cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html, butplease visit the links below to opt-out of marketing cookies from over 50+ major third party behavioral advertising providers:
Please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect the user experience.
A. Who and what information is subject to the CCPA?
The CCPA protects California residents as “consumers” with respect to their personal information, although a number of exceptions apply. As a result, the Supplemental CCPA Disclosures and relevant CCPA Rights subsections below may not apply when they restrict our ability to comply with a court order or regulator with competent authority, federal, state or local laws, investigations, and cooperation with law enforcement, exercise of our legal claims, or collection or use of de-identified information.
B. Supplemental CCPA Disclosures
In the table below, we have set out the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the preceding 12 months and describe, for each category of personal information collected, the business or commercial purposes for which the information was collected. Each of the categories of personal information listed are collected directly from consumers. Each of the categories of personal information in the table may also be shared with the following categories of third parties: (i) our Service providers and business partners, including those listed at Section 3 above, (ii) government entities as required by applicable law, (iii) other recipients at your discretion or with your consent, and (iv) third parties in the event of a proposed or actual business transaction involving all or any portion of our business.
Additional information about sales of information can be found below the table.
|Category of personal information:||We collected such personal information for the following purposes:|
|Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||We may use this information for any of the purposes described in Section 2 above.|
|Categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, including name, signature, address, telephone number, and credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.||We use this information to process payment, fulfill your order, or process a return.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; namely, gender and age.||We use this information to better understand our clientele, for example for example when you opt in to our clienteling program.|
|Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||We use this information to fulfil your order, manage consumers’ online account with us, personalize and optimize consumers’ shopping experience with us (for example, letting you know when a favorite product is back in stock, recording certain information from past purchases which can be used in future purchases such as preferred address and favorite store locations), provide consumers with customer support.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.||We may use this information for any of the purposes described in Section 2 above.|
|Geolocation data.||We may use this information to enable consumers to view nearby stores.|
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.||We use audio, visual or similar information that you may voluntarily provide in connection with customer care inquiries or for social media initiatives.|
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics and attitudes.||We use such information to personalize and optimize consumers’ shopping experience with us, enable consumers to use our “add to closet” features online, tailor our marketing efforts, and develop and improve our products and services.|
Over the past 12 months, we also used the categories of personal information listed above as necessary to fulfil the General Processing Purposes described in Section 2 of this Notice above.
During the past 12 months, we shared certain categories of personal information about California residents with third parties and business partners in a manner that may constitute a “sale” under the CCPA, as described below:
C. CCPA Rights
California residents have the following rights:
If you submit a request to exercise your CCPA rights, we may ask that you provide certain information to verify your identity. If you have a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to your request in accordance with the CCPA. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know, right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information, or your right to request deletion, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described earlier:
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
D. Shine the Light Law
California residents are entitled once per year to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with your full name, email address, and postal address in your message. In response to your request, we will provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your personally identifiable information with third parties with whom we do not share the same brand name, if the third party will use it for their direct marketing purposes.